When Aaj meets Kal what do you think will happen? Watch Kriti Vij and Sheeba Chaddha try their hand at making their favourite street food, each generation helping the other with tips and tricks! Let’s reminisce over our love for Street food, shall we?
With Rapid Air technology, Philips Airfryer cooks your recipes with up to 90% less fat! Give yourself the gift of health this Diwali. Use this link: http://bit.ly/airfryer-fak1
Follow us: @Gobblegrams ( https://bit.ly/gobblegrams_instagram )
Ingredients for Samosa:
– 100g maida
– 2 tsp ajwain
– 15g refined oil
– salt to taste
– 4-5 big potatoes (boiled and mashed)
– 1/2 cup boiled peas
– Finely chopped ginger
– 1 tsp jeera
– 2 tsp crushed coriander leaves
– 2 dry red chillies chopped
– salt to taste
– 1 tsp red chilli powder
– Sieve maida and add salt and oil. Add just enough water to knead the dough and make it stiff. Do not knead the dough too much. Keep aside, covered for 20-30 minutes.
– Heat a little oil in a pan and add jeera. Let it turn brown.
– Add coriander seeds and dry red chillies.
– Saute for 30 seconds. In a pan pour all the dry masalas and add 1-2 tbsp water. Add the peas and boiled potatoes.
– Mix well and add coriander leaves. Remove from flame and let it cool.
– Take marble size balls of the dough and roll into a thin chapati. Cut into two halves.
– Apply water on edges and fold it like a cone. Keep aside.
– Pre-heat Philips Airfryer for 5 minutes at 180C.
– Arrange the samosas in the fry basket and close it properly. Keep the Philips Airfryer at 160C for 10 minutes and at 180C for 5 minutes to bring the desired colour.
Ingredients for Bread Roll:
– 2 big potatoes, boiled and mashed
– 7-8 bread slices cut the corners
– 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
– 1/2 tsp ginger finely chopped
– 1 green chilli finely chopped
– 1/2 tsp lemon juice
– 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
– 1/2 tsp jeera
– 1/2 tsp amchoor
– Add ginger, green chillies and coriander leaves and all masalas to the mashed potatoes and mix well.
– Take some water in a bowl and dip a bread slice in it for a few seconds
– Squeeze the water from the bread by pressing between palms gently
– Place a tbsp of the potato mixture over the damp bread. Roll and seal the edges of the bread in such a way that the filling does not come out from any part of the bread. Repeat the same process for making more rolls.
– Pre-heat the Philips Airfryer for 5 minutes at 180C. Arrange rolls in fry basket and close it properly. Keep air fryer at 180C for 10 minutes. Serve hot with ketchup.