Kids don’t look at their food as we do. So how to make it interesting for them? Dhruv Sehgal and Akashdeep Arora leave this up to MasterChef Shipra Khanna BUT with an interesting twist!
16 foodies throw crazy food challenges at Masterchef Shipra Khanna. Watch her unlock 8 mouth-watering never seen before dishes every week! In our first episode, our Chef accepts the challenge to make Jalebi with a twist😉and No-Bake plum Cake.#GobbleDishUnlocked #DhruvSehgal #AkashdeepArora
Follow us on Instagram: @gobblegrams (https://bit.ly/gobblegrams_instagram)
Recipe #1: Meal From Leftovers
Cabbage core – 1/2 cup
Cauliflower stems – 1/2 cup
Broccoli stems – 1/2 cup
Mushroom stems – 1/2 cup
Spinach stems – 1/2 cup
Carrot trimmings – ½ cup
green peas – ½ cup
Oil – 3 tbsps + for deep-frying
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Pav bhaji masala – 2 tsp
Boiled potatoes (reserve skin) – 1/2 cup
Leftover rice – 1 cup
Salt to taste
Sugar – 1/2 teaspoon
Chat Masala – 1 teaspoon
Lemon Juice – 1 tablespoon
Flour batter – ½ cup
Bread crumbs – 1 cup
For the chutney
Coriander stems – ½ cup
garlic cloves – 4-5
lemon juice- ½ tsp
Small piece of ginger – 1
Oil – 1 Tbsp
Leftover dal – 1 Cup
1. In a food processor chop up the vegetable scraps till finely chopped.
2. Transfer it to a bowl & add the rest of the ingredients & mix well
3. Now before making the tikkis reduce the dal till thick
4. Now shape the tikkis & stuff with the reduced dal
5. Seal well & form tikkis
6. Dip in flour batter & coat with bread crumbs
7. Shallow fry till crisp
8. To make chutney take the ingredients in a mixer & grind to a smooth paste
9. Serve tikkis with the chutney
Recipe #2: Burger with Food Toy
Potatoes – 4 large boiled, peeled and mashed
Poha / Aval / Flattened Rice – ¼ cup
Dried Basil – 1 tsp
Dried Oregano – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder- ½ tsp
Garlic Powder – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Frozen peas – ½ cup thawed
All-Purpose Flour / Maida – ½ cup
Gram Flour / Besan – 2 tbsp
Cornflour / Cornstarch – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp (for batter)
Water as needed
Mayonnaise – ½ cup
Tomato Ketchup – 2 tbsp
Breadcrumbs – 1 cup or as needed
Oil for shallow frying
Burger Buns – 5 to 6
Onions thinly sliced
For the edible truck
10 -12 wafer biscuits
Cake circles for wheels
Icing sugar for glue
Breadsticks for logs
1. Start by soaking poha in water for 5 mins, drain and squeeze it and set aside.
2. Take potatoes, poha, basil, oregano, cumin powder, chilli powder, pepper powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garlic powder, peas and salt in a bowl. Mash it really well. Take a small portion, shape it into a small portion. Flatten it till a little thin. Place this in the fridge for 30 mins.
3. Take flour, gram flour, cornflour, salt in a bowl. Add oil and rub into the flour. Add water slowly and make it into a little thin batter.
4. Take breadcrumbs in a bowl.
5. Coat the patties and dip it in the batter, coat with breadcrumbs and pop it in the fridge for 30 mins.
6. Cook in air fryer till crisp
7. The same way french fries can be baked till crisp in the oven or air fryer
8. Mix mayo and ketchup together and set aside.
9. Take buns and slit it open, toast till golden on both sides.
10. Take the bun, spread sauce, place patties on top, top with onion rings, lettuce and tomatoes. Place another bun on top. Serve.