Ever made jalebi with fruits or Plum Cake in a pressure cooker?
Apoorva Arora and Kriti Vij challenge Masterchef Shipra Khanna to make their favourite desserts with a twist! Watch to find out if she will win or lose this challenge
16 foodies throw crazy food challenges at Masterchef Shipra Khanna. Watch her unlock 8 mouth-watering never seen before dishes every week! In our first episode, our Chef accepts the challenge to make Jalebi with a twist😉and No-Bake plum Cake.#GobbleDishUnlocked #ApoorvaArora #Kritivij
Follow us on Instagram: @gobblegrams (https://bit.ly/gobblegrams_instagram)
Recipe for Fruit Jalebi:
2 apples (pureed)
4 medium bananas (pureed)
Milk -1/4 Cup
All-purpose flour – 1 Cup
Sugar – 1 Tbsp
Baking powder – 1 Tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 Tsp
Salt – 1/2 Tsp
Vegetable oil for frying
1. In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Mix in milk until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients into the banana mixture and stir. I just used a wooden spoon.
2. Add water as required to adjust the consistency.
3. Transfer to a piping bag with a nozzle.
4. Heat oil in a wide pan & pipe the mixture into a jalebi shape.
5. Fry for 2-3 min till golden
6. Drain on paper towels and dust with confectioners’ sugar.
7. Aaaand Gobble!
Recipe for No-Bake Plum Cake:
Maida / All purpose flour – 1 cup
Almond powder – ½ cup
Dark brown sugar – ½ cup
Fresh orange juice – ¼ cup (Strained)
Eggs – 2
Unsalted butter – ½ cup (At room temperature)
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Nutmeg powder – 1 tsp
Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp
Orange zest – 1 tbsp (Grate just the outer skin. The white portion below the skin leaves a bitter taste)
Vegetable oil – 3 tbsp
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Salt – 2 pinches
1. Combine egg and butter in a bowl using a hand beater/whisk.
2. The mixture will look curdled initially.
3. Add brown sugar and beat again. Set aside.
4. Mix maida with baking powder.
5. Add this to the egg-sugar mixture in batches and mix well.
6. Beat with a hand beater/whisk.
7. Add almond flour and orange juice.
8. Mix well.
9. Add cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, orange zest, vanilla essence and salt and mix well with a spatula.
10. Add a 1½ tbsp maida to the chopped nuts and dry fruits and mix well. This is done to ensure the even distribution of nuts in the cake.
11. Add it to the cake mix in batches.
12. Add oil and mix well.
13. Grease the bottom and sides of 6"" cake pan with butter and line butter paper.
14. Transfer the cake mixture to the pan.
15. To bake the cake, add a thick layer of sand to the pressure cooker.
16. Cover without the whistle and heat up the sand on high heat for 10 minutes.
17. Place an inverted steel plate as a base on the sand.
18. Place the baking pan on to the base and cook covered on a medium flame for an hour or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Open the cooker and check if the cake is cooked after 45 minutes.
19. Transfer the pan from the cooker and allow it to cool.
20. Remove the cake from pan once cool!"