Ever tried Vegetarian Butter Chicken or the fluffiest Omelette made with 12 eggs? Sounds bizarre right? Pulkit Kochar and Pranay Manchanda challenge MasterChef Shipra Khanna to do the almost impossible!
16 foodies throw crazy food challenges at Masterchef Shipra Khanna. Watch her unlock 8 mouth-watering never seen before dishes every week! In our 4th episode, our Chef accepts the challenge to make 12 Eggs Fluffy Omelette and Vegetarian Butter Chicken👩🏼🍳
#DishUnlocked #VegButterChicken #FluffyOmelette #ButterChicken
Follow us on Instagram: @gobblegrams (https://bit.ly/gobblegrams_instagram)
--Recipe for Fluffy Egg Omelette:
12 eggs whites
¼ tsp cream of tartar
12 egg yolks
For the masala
2 tbsp oil
½ cup chopped onions
2 tsp chopped garlic
2 tsp chopped ginger
¼ cup chopped tomatoes
½ tsp chilli powder
2 tsp chopped coriander
1. Chef will crack eggs & separate yolks from whites.
2. she will place the bowl with the whites to chill in the refrigerator
3. While the egg whites are chilling, she will start to make the onion tomato masala.
4. she will heat a pan with oil & saute the onions, garlic, ginger for 2 mins, next add the tomatoes
, chilli powder & salt. cook till dry.
5. finish with coriander leaves & remove
6. Now to make the fluffy omelette, she will start whisking the egg yolks till pale & creamy,
then she will start whisking the whites till still peaks, mix the yolk mix with the whites & fold gently.
7. Ladle this mix into a heated pan & cover & cook for 2 mins, next she will remove the lid & add some of the onion-tomato masalas, fold it into a half-moon & cover again for 2 mins
8. remove & serve with bread slices & salad
Recipe for Veg Butter Chicken
—For the Jackfruit Marination
300 gms raw jackfruit
1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp Red chilli powder
1 tbsp tandoori masala
½ cup hung curd
1 tsp Kasuri methi
Salt to taste
Oil for grilling
—For the gravy
500 gms roughly slit tomatoes
100 gms roughly cut onions
1 tbsp ginger/garlic paste
2 tbsp chilli paste
50 gms cashew
1 tsp kasoori methi
1/2 tsp garam masala
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp Kashmiri chilli powder
5 tbsp butter
3 tbsp cream
2 tbsp malt vinegar / 1.5 tbsp White Vinegar
Salt to taste
1. Chef will show how to cut Kathal, cut pieces into wedges & pressure cook in salt & Haldi water for 2 whistles
2. now prepare the marination, take in the ingredients in a bowl & mix well, now she will add cooked jackfruit & mix well, let it marinate for 15 mins
3. while the jackfruit marinates, she will prepare the makhani gravy, heat butter & add the onions & ginger-garlic paste & saute for few mins, nest add the chilli paste & cook for another 2 mins.
4. now add the tomatoes, cashews, chilli powder, & cook till tomatoes wilt, season as required.
5. Next she will take the base & puree it till smooth.
6. Now she can grill the jackfruit till slightly charred, transfer it to a bowl & smoke them using the coal & spices method
7. Now chef will take a pan and heat some butter, add some whole spices & saute for 1 min, next she will add the gravy &
bring to a boil, add, sugar, garam masala, vinegar & salt as required.
8. Now she will add the grilled smoked jackfruit to the gravy & mix well.
9. cook the masala with the jackfruit & add water if required.
10. She will finish the dish with some cream & Kasuri methi & butter.
11. mix well & serve hot with Roti/chapati